Last night we preyed upon Argyle's unbecoming and played doctor to their unsuspecting. Inhaling our every word like the exhausted breath of life. It's almost unbefitting the authority that a simple white coat can carry. So we might have to grow into it this time. No more promoting pastimes. No more saving singularities. Let's hit one out of the park for the common. At least for awhile. How 'bout it? Such a simple compliment of words.. but beyond any esteem I could ever gather for my own. And it's getting a little bit more serious with each day. Isn't it? As if the world around me is growing up concurrently. So I'm glad I made the windy trip then. But I guess when it really comes down to it.. every single thing you've come to know/love/hate can be categorized in just two:
things for holding on and things for letting go.
There's no in-between. And there's not a lot of time to dwell on it either. Once you get stuck in the heartache or the regret of things, you've already lost something much more important.. . time. And just between you and me, I hear time's not big on second chances.
So then out with it. Are we finished now, do you think? Ruling our lives for emotion's sake. For all the romantic hiccups few and far between. The ones we predicated our days upon. I think I just believed in things beyond my time of becoming. For example, they say love is a myth. And I think that's true for most of yesterday and a lot of today. But I had no idea until I realized the love of a parent for their child. My parents are teaching me that, and more recently my dear sister for hers. And then I heard them say friendship is dead. Actually, that one might still be true even now. But it's shaky, especially after that note I found the other day from a departed concord. Thanks for the kind words. It really is an exciting time for all if us.. but you know the rest. But most importantly, the one thing that I can believe in .. for this second's truth, is they say the best way out is through. Que sera, sera for this too shall pass. Yea yea yea.. but just make sure you live every beat of it. Alright? Don't let go. Yes, I think I'll hold onto that one for tomorrow too.